– These awards recognize teams and establishments in the travel channel industry.
– Deli&Cia, an Areas’ own brand, won a double award in the “Airport Food to Go Offer of the Year” and “Airport Health-Centred Offer of the Year” categories.
– The FAB Awards confirm Areas’ successful year, having won 7 macro tenders worth more than €2.5 billion, in addition to other worldwide projects.
Barcelona, 15 de septiembre de 2023
Areas, international leader in travel hospitality with global headquarters in Barcelona, has been recognized with 6 awards at the latest edition of the prestigious FAB Awards 2023, held in Bangkok, Thailand. These awards have been held since 2011 with the aim of recognizing the different agents that are part of the travel channel segment.
Competing with other candidates, the FAB Awards jury, made up of leading airport industry professionals, has awarded Areas in six categories. Specifically, the organization highlighted:
FAB Concept winners:
– Deli&Cia, in the category “Airport Food to Go Offer of the Year”.
– STK Los Cabos International Airport, Mexico, in the “Airport Restaurant Design of the Year” category.
FAB Superstar Winners:
– The internal incentive program ‘Areas Worldwide Challenge’, in the category “Front of house team”.
Areas also won three honorable mentions in the categories:
– “Airport Coffee/Tea Shop of the Year”, with VyTA at Milan Linate and Bologna Marconi airports.
– Airport Health-Centred Offer of the Year”, with Deli&Cia, present at several airports.
– Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year”, with the ‘Areas For Change’ sustainability program.
The FAB Awards, organized by The Moodie Davitt Report, are dedicated to the airport F&B sector. Since its launch, the awards have grown to become a key global gathering for an ever-evolving industry, showcasing challenges, opportunities and aspirations. The event brings together, on an annual basis, senior executives from airports and travel retail operators from around the world, as well as several industry partners.
FAB Awards confirm successful year for Areas
Following the company’s latest major tenders worth more than 2.5 billion euros, Areas reaffirms its leadership in Food&Beverage and Travel Retail with the six awards received at the prestigious FAB Awards.
In recent months, the company has won seven macro competitions, in addition to other projects around the world. In the United States, the company has been awarded a tender to manage three service areas on the West Virginia motorway, one of the main roads in the United States, with an expected volume of 272 million dollars, the catering tender at the William P. Hobby airport in Houston, where it will operate 10 new establishments, with an expected turnover of some 470 million dollars, and the 550 million euro tender at the San Diego airport to manage 5 establishments. In Mexico, Areas areas has won a contract at Guadalajara airport worth $150 million over 7 years.
In Spain, Areas won the Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport macro-tender in February for more than 1 billion euros, as well as the exclusive catering contract at the Ifema fairgrounds, with an expected turnover of 121 million euros over 10 years. Also, in Europe, Areas has won the catering tender for the German railway station in Dresden, with expected sales of 60 million euros over the 10-year concession period.
International leader in food&beverage and travel retail. With presence in 10 countries, the company manages more than 2,000 restaurants and stores in Europe and America.
With a team of 20,000 people and locations in the main transport hubs in the world (airports, train stations, travel plazas in highways), as well as leisure parks, Areas provides service to more than 350 million customers every year.
Founded in 1968 in Barcelona, Areas is committed to offering high quality services to travelers. Since then, Areas has become a global benchmark operator in the industry, with a deep knowledge of the travelers’ needs and the widest range of restaurant concepts in the market.
Press contact | Roman:
Víctor Palacio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carla Buj: email@example.com
+34 677 782 370